IFE, CPD, IIRSM, Gatehouse Awards & Institute of Hospitality Approved
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces
regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire
awareness for all members of their staff.
Our online fire safety training courses are aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and
reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace.
This course will provide candidates with a general understanding of basic fire awareness including
what should be done in the event of a fire, how to prevent a fire occurring and a basic introduction
of the protocol of extinguishing a fire.
It is a cost effective way for employers to fulfil their legal obligation to provide their employees with
the necessary understanding of fire awareness.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Define the common causes of fire and understand how to reduce their risks.
• Understand the chemistry of fire and its ability to spread through four specified methods.
• Recognise the dangers of Smoke.
• Identify the fire safety features available and understand their role in fire prevention,
management, and evacuation.
• Analyse the risks involved upon the discovery of a fire.
• Recognise the different types of Fire Extinguishers and when to use them
Hands on basic awareness fire training at your premises
We can also provide classroom based basic awareness fire training at your premises.